What's New In Lumion 7
Recognising that not all buildings need to be pristine or perfect, Lumion 7 easily transforms sterile walls and statues into realistic living surfaces with foliage, imperfections, and natural weathering. These new features remove the coldness of computer-generated imagery by seeking out edges, roughness, and other properties of natural materials to make them look like they’ve been around a while.
Cover materials with leaves or add weathering, aging and transparency. Add light strips or area lighting, transform a wall into thousands of leaves or have ivy creeping from the ground up, all with the click of a button. Even professional visualization artists would have a hard time creating these features, which in Lumion 7 are now simple tasks.
Below is a full list of the new features and content included with Lumion 7.
(Some of the features and content listed below are only avaialble in Lumion 7 Pro)
New Features & Workflow Enhancements
- Area light and light strip
- Transparency and translucency for materials
- OpenStreetMap (Beta Functionality)
- Share still images & 360 degree panoramas online with MyLumion
- Publish your videos directly to YouTube
- Material Favorites
Enchanced Content Library
- 172 New tree and plant species from around the globe, including variations in shape and size.
- 193 indoor objects ranging from kitchen appliances, office furniture, decorative objects, home furnishings and more.
- 346 outdoor objects - from road signs to garden furniture, park benches, bus stops and many more.
- 39 New character poses and animations, including men women and children.
- 19 New vehicle models, including Japanese cars and scooters.
- 2 new light types.
Enchanced Material Library
- 20 New curtain presets, each with a specific pattern and transparency
- 9 New foliage materials
- 20 New weathered and aged materials, including gold, bronze, silver, leather, plastic, stone and wood.
For full detials of all the features listed above please click on the link below.
What's New In Lumion 6
Image quality is what distinguishes a great presentation from a good one. That’s why materials, reflections, shadows and lighting have been taken to a new level in Lumion 6. These features and hundreds of other improvements have been enabled by a major overhaul of Lumion's render engine. The results are now more compelling and realistic than ever. Discover some of the exciting new features below.
- Speedray™ Reflections
- Hyperlight® 2
- Improved Materials Surfaces
- Wet Asphalt
- Faster rendering
- New Portfolio Management Option in MyLumion®
- Improved interoperability with other 3D CAD software
- Enhanced Depth of Field effect
- Autumn Generator effect
- Animated Spotlight Colors effect
- Styrofoam effect
- Curved Paths in Mass Move effect
- Improved Sky Realism
- 20 Animated Variations on 3D people
- 77 New Plants
- 135 New Trees
- Animated 3D People Silhouettes
- People-in-Transport-Models option
- 20 New Sounds
What's New In Lumion 5.7
- New MyLumion mode: This mode allows you to export up to seven 360 degree panoramas per Lumion seat. The panoramas can be accessed on internet-enabled PCs, phones and tablet devices. It includes a new viewpoint editor in Lumion so that you can switch from one exported panorama to another by clicking on viewpoint icons in the published panorama project. Please note that MyLumion is a Beta service which means that it is still under development. Projects rendered to MyLumion.com using Lumion 5.7 and Lumion Pro 5.7 will be stored online until 1st January 2016. After November 2015 you can no longer make MyLumion projects. For more information, please see the Frequenty Asked Questions on MyLumion.com
- Please note that the Text Simple object as well as parts of some trees/plants are currently rendered multiple times from different angles on MyLumion panoramas. This is a known issue.
- Mass Move effect: The new Toggle Dual Direction button makes it possible to toggle the direction of the animated objects as well as to enable lane traffic in opposite directions.
- Mass Move effect: The new Toggle Cars/People/Imported Objects button allows you to specify which object categories should be affected by the path animation.
- New Resource Monitor: This is located in the top right corner and displays the amount of graphics card memory that is in use as well as the total available graphics card memory.
- New Japanese flag (in Outdoor > Assorted category).
- 15 new plants, flowers and grass models (Lumion Pro only - in Nature category).
What's New In Lumion 5
Lumion 5.0 builds on Lumion's key strengths, introducing a wide range of new content, features and workflow enhancements. The following features are included in both Lumion Pro and Lumion Standard editions:
- 123 New Physically-Based Materials
- New Improved Materials Interface
- 5 New Artistic Effects
- Oil Painting Effect
- Pastel Sketch Effect
- Analogue Color Lab
- Blueprint Effect
- Material Highlight Effect
- Mass Placement
- Mass Move Effect
- 100 Photos
- Multiple Movie Clip Sequences
- Five Render Quality Options
- Faster Rendering
- Volumetric Sunlight
- Water Plane Reflections
- New Skin Rendering
- New Exporter for McNeel's Rhinoceros (Rhino)
Lumion 5.0 Product comparison
The below illustrates the difference in new features between Lumion 4.0 Pro and Lumion 4.0 Standard editions:
||Lumion® 5 Pro
|Hyperlight® in Photo Mode
|New high resolution animated characters
|New trees and plants
*** A selection of the total content in Lumion Pro will be made available the normal version of Lumion. This will approximate to one third of the total content library.